Fundsmith LLP is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Fundsmith LLP is a data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act").
Information we collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- details of your visits to this Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
- information that you provide by filling in forms on this Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the "My Account" section of this Site, using the dealing service available on this Site or requesting further information.
- details of transactions you carry out through this Site.
- if you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information from your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration purposes and to enable us to monitor the effectiveness of this Site so as to ensure that we are continuing to provide useful, relevant and informative content. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reasons, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive for record keeping purposes. The cookie assigns you an ID which allows us to recognise you when you return to this Site. They help us to improve our Site and deliver a better and more personalised service.
They enable us:
- to estimate our audience size and to track user trends and usage patterns.
- to store information about preferences, and so allow us to customise our Site according to your individual interests.
- to speed up your searches.
- to recognise you when you return to our Site; without cookies every time you open a new web page the server where that page is stored will treat you like a completely new visitor.
No personal information is collected through cookies.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure system. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL Technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try and prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that the content of this Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- to notify you about changes to our products or service.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- where you have notified us of your financial or investment adviser, the personal information provided to us may be shared with that adviser. You should notify us if you no longer wish personal information to be shared with your adviser or of any change in the adviser.
- if we undergo a group reorganisation or are sold to a third party, the personal information provided to us may be transferred to that reorganised entity or third party and used for the purposes above.
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may also disclose your personal information to any member of our group.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. If you do not want us to use your data for marketing purposes please tick the relevant box situated on the paper application form or if purchasing online please opt out through the “My Account” section of this Site. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or contacting our customer services team on 0330 123 1815.
You also have the right to access the personal data held about you. There may be a charge for this. If you wish to request details of the personal information held by us you should write to us at Fundsmith LLP, PO Box 10846, Chelmsford, Essex, CM99 2BW. If any information held by us is incorrect please let us know and it will then be changed.