Price Data 19th August 2022
|Share Class||OCF*||Minimum||Price p|
|T Class Acc||1.07%||£1,000||142.94|
|T Class Inc||1.07%||£1,000||142.56|
|I Class Acc||0.97%||£5M||179.19|
|I Class Inc||0.97%||£5M||176.34|
|Portfolio Manager||Terry Smith|
|Fund Type||UK OEIC|
|Launch date||I Class: 1.11.17, T Class: 2.3.20|
|AMC (I, T Class)||0.9% / 1.0%|
|Depository||State Street Trustees Ltd.|
|Dealing||Daily at Noon|
|Dividend Dates||On or about 28/2 & 31/8|
|As at 29 Jul 2022|
|Gross / Net Yield<||1.05% / 0.08%|
|7 Day Fund Liquidity>||100%|
|Average Co. Founded||1934|
|Median Market Cap||£82.4bn|
|Active Share as at 31.03.22"||89%|
|2021 Transaction Costs||0.03%|
Fund Performance Analysis
|To 29 Jul 2022, I Class Acc||%|
|Annualised Rate of Return||+12.2|
|Best Month||+8.5 (Apr '20)|
|Worst Month||-9.2 (Jan '22)|
|% Positive Months||70|
|As at 29 Jul 2022, by Country of Listing||%|
|As at 29 Jul 2022, GICS® Categories||%|
Security Identification Codes
" Active Share measures how much the portfolio holdings differ from the benchmark index (MSCI World) i.e. a portfolio that is identical to the benchmark would have 0% active share.
* The OCF (Ongoing Charges Figure) is the total expenses paid by the fund (excluding bank overdraft interest), annualised, against its average net asset value. The OCF will fluctuate as the average net assets and costs change. The OCF is updated following the publication of accounts for the periods ending 30th June and 31st December.
^ The PTR (Portfolio Turnover Ratio) has been calculated in accordance with the methodology laid down by the FCA. This compares the total share purchases and sales less total creations and liquidations with the average net asset value of the fund.
> 7 Day Fund Liquidity is calculated based upon 30% of trailing 20 day average volume.
< Gross Yield reflects the historic dividend income received by the fund in the preceding 12 months before the deduction of all expenses including management fees. Net yield is Gross Yield less the deduction of all expenses including management fees i.e. Gross Yield less the OCF.
N.B. When a position is being built for the fund the company name is not disclosed in factsheet data.
The Company will invest in equities on a global basis. The Company’s approach is to be a long term investor in its chosen stocks. It will not adopt short-term trading strategies. The Company has stringent investment criteria which the ACD and Investment Manager adhere to in selecting securities for the Company’s investment portfolio. These criteria aim to ensure that the Company invests in high quality businesses which in the opinion of the ACD and Investment Manager are those:
- high quality businesses that can sustain a high return on operating capital employed;
- businesses whose advantages are difficult to replicate;
- businesses which do not require significant leverage to generate returns;
- businesses with a high degree of certainty of growth from reinvestment of their cash flows at high rates of return;
- businesses that are resilient to change, particularly technological innovation;
- businesses whose valuation is considered to be attractive.
The Company will not invest in businesses which have substantial interests in any of the following sectors:
In addition, the ACD and the Investment Manager apply further criteria to screen investments in accordance with the ACD's sustainable investment policy. The ACD evaluates sustainability in the widest sense, taking account not only the companies handling of environmental, social and governance policies and practices but also their policies and practices on research and development, new product innovation, dividend policy and the adequacy of capital investment.
- Currency Risk: The fund’s portfolio is a global portfolio and many of the investments are not denominated in Sterling. There is no currency hedging made by the fund. The Sterling price of the shares may therefore rise or fall purely on account of exchange rate movements.
- Concentration Risk: The fund’s portfolio complies with the UCITS requirements on spread of investment. Having said that, application of the investment criteria described above significantly limits the number of potential investments: the fund generally invests in 20 to 30 stocks and so it is more concentrated than many other funds. This means that the performance of a single stock has a greater effect on the price of the fund.
- Operational Risk: Failures or delays in operational processes may negatively affect the fund.
- Sustainability risk: The Fund is subject to the risk that environmental, social or governance conditions or events may occur that may have a material negative impact on the value of its investments.
- Risks inherent in the holding of shares: There is no assurance that any appreciation in the value of investments in Shares will occur. The Net Asset Value per Share is expected to fluctuate over time with the performance of the fund’s investments. Shareholders may not fully recover their initial investment when they choose to redeem their Shares or upon compulsory redemption, if the Net Asset Value per Share at the time of such redemption is less than the Subscription Price paid by such Shareholder or if there remain any unamortised costs and expenses of establishing the fund. An investment in Shares should only be made by those persons who are able to sustain a loss on their investment. The Shares should be viewed as long term investments (at least 5 years).
Performance, % Total Return
|2022 to 29.07.22||2021||2020||2019||2018||Inception to
The Fund is not managed with reference to any benchmark, the above comparators are provided for information purposes only. 1Fundsmith Sustainable Equity Fund I Acc, total return, net of fees priced at midday UK time, source: Bloomberg. 2MSCI World Index (£ Net) priced at close of business US time, source: www.msci.com. The MSCI World Index is a developed world index of global equities across all sectors and, as such, is a fair comparison given the Company's investment objective and policy. 3Bloomberg/Barclays Bond Indices UK Govt 5-10 yr, source: Bloomberg. 4£ Interest Rate, source: Bloomberg.
Portfolio Comment for July 2022
We began buying a new position for the fund, the name of which will be revealed when we have accumulated our desired weighting. The top 5 contributors in the month were Intuit, Automatic Data Processing, L'Oréal, Novo Nordisk and Mettler-Toledo. The top 5 detractors were Johnson & Johnson, Kone, the aforementioned undisclosed new position, Alphabet and McCormick.
Top 10 holdings
- Novo Nordisk
- Church & Dwight
- Estée Lauder
- Automatic Data Processing
- Johnson & Johnson
- Procter & Gamble
- No Fees for Performance
- No Up Front Fees
- No Nonsense
- No Debt or Derivatives
- No Shorting
- No Market Timing
- No Index Hugging
- No Trading
- No Hedging
Just a small number of high quality, resilient, global growth companies that are good value and which we intend to hold for a long time, and in which we invest our own money.
Monthly performance table, % Total Return, I Class, Accumulation Shares
Simulated return prior to 31.10.17
Payable on 28th February and 31st August
|Share class||T Class||T Class||I Class||I Class|
|Interim||1st Jan 2022 to 30th Jun 2022||0.0695||0.0633||0.1367||0.1327|
|Final||1st July 2021 to 31st Dec 2021||0.0000||0.0000||0.0000||0.0000|
|Interim||1st Jan 2021 to 30th Jun 2021||0.1072||0.0942||0.1789||0.1697|
|Final||1st July 2020 to 31st Dec 2020||0.0274||0.0180||0.0948||0.0945|
|Interim||1st Jan 2020 to 30th June 2020||0.1273||0.1127||0.5318||0.6440|
|Final||1st July 2019 to 31st Dec 2019||0.0638||0.0625|
|Interim||1st Jan 2019 to 30th Jun 2019||0.4804||0.4755|
|Final||1st July 2018 to 31st Dec 2018||0.1350||0.1405|
|Interim||1st Nov 2017 to 30th Jun 2018||0.4074||0.4575|
Sustainable Equity Fund Factsheet Archive
- 2022 Factsheets
- 2021 Factsheets
- 2020 Factsheets
- 2019 Factsheets
- 2018 Factsheets
- 2017 Factsheets
Disclaimer: A Key Investor Information Document and an English language prospectus for the Fundsmith Sustainable Equity Fund are available via the Fundsmith website or on request and investors should consult these documents before purchasing shares in the fund. Past performance is not necessarily a guide to future performance. The value of investments and the income from them may fall as well as rise and be affected by changes in exchange rates, and you may not get back the amount of your original investment. Fundsmith LLP does not offer investment advice or make any recommendations regarding the suitability of its product.
The past performance shown prior to November 2017 is based on simulated returns of a more concentrated segregated account run for a single client adjusted to show total return, ex cash with dividends reinvested pari passu. Simulated past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance, in particular the segregated account was more concentrated than will be permissible for the Fundsmith Sustainable Equity Fund. The value of investment and the income from them can fall as well as rise. You may not get back the amount originally invested. This document has been issued and approved by Fundsmith LLP which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
MSCI World Index is the exclusive property of MSCI Inc. MSCI makes no express or implied warranties or representations and shall have no liability whatsoever with respect to any MSCI data contained herein. The MSCI data may not be further redistributed or used as a basis for other indices or any securities or final products. This report is not approved, reviewed or produced by MSCI. The Global Industry Classification Standard (GICS) was developed by and is the exclusive property of MSCI and Standard & Poor’s and “GICS®” is a service mark of MSCI and Standard & Poor’s.