Equity Fund Aim
The Company will invest in equities on a global basis. The Company's approach is to be a long-term investor in its chosen stocks. It will not adopt short-term trading strategies.
The Company has stringent investment criteria which the ACD and Fundsmith Investment Services Limited as investment manager adheres to in selecting securities for the Company's investment portfolio. These criteria aim to ensure that the Company invests in:
- high quality businesses that can sustain a high return on operating capital employed;
- businesses whose advantages are difficult to replicate;
- businesses which do not require significant leverage to generate returns;
- businesses with a high degree of certainty of growth from reinvestment of their cash flows at high rates of return;
- businesses that are resilient to change, particularly technological innovation;
- businesses whose valuation is considered by the Company to be attractive.
Investors should be aware that the application of these investment criteria significantly limits the number of potential investments for the Company's portfolio. It is envisaged that the investment portfolio of the Company will be concentrated, generally comprising between 20 and 30 stocks.
The Company will not invest in derivatives and will not hedge any currency exposure arising from within the operations of an investee business nor from the holding of an investment denominated in a currency other than sterling.
Performance, % Total Return
Portfolio Comment for November 2018
There were no outright sales or purchases of holdings made in the month. The top 5 contributors in the month were Microsoft, Becton Dickinson, Waters, Estée Lauder and Novo Nordisk. The top 5 detractors were Amadeus, Facebook, Philip Morris, Idexx and Intertek.
Top 10 Holdings
- Philip Morris
- Reckitt Benckiser
- Novo Nordisk
- Becton Dickinson
- No Fees for Performance
- No Up Front Fees
- No Nonsense
- No Debt or Derivatives
- No Shorting
- No Market Timing
- No Index Hugging
- No Trading
- No Hedging
Just a small number of high quality, resilient, global growth companies that are good value and which we intend to hold for a long time, and in which we invest our own money.
" Active Share measures how much the portfolio holdings differ from the benchmark index (MSCI World) i.e. a portfolio that is identical to the benchmark would have 0% active share.
* The OCF (Ongoing Charges Figure) is the total expenses paid by the fund (excluding bank overdraft interest), annualised, against its average net asset value. The OCF will fluctuate as the average net assets and costs change. The OCF is updated following the publication of accounts for the periods ending 30th June and 31st December.
^ The PTR (Portfolio Turnover Ratio) has been calculated in accordance with the methodology laid down by the FCA. This compares the total share purchases and sales less total creations and liquidations with the average net asset value of the fund.
> 7 Day Fund Liquidity is calculated based upon 30% of trailing 20 day average volume.
< Gross Yield reflects the historic dividend income received by the fund in the preceding 12 months before the deduction of all expenses including management fees. Net Yield is Gross Yield less the deduction of all expenses including management fees i.e. Gross Yield less the OCF. In both cases we use the T Class Shares as reference. Please note that rates would vary for I Class and R Class shares.
NB Where a position is being built for the fund the company name is not disclosed in factsheet data.